Monday, December 29, 2008

Looking forward to a better year in 2009

Kamál (Perfection), 18 Masa’il (Questions), 165 BE – Monday, December 29, 2008 about 8:53 AM Pacific Time

I am looking forward to a better year in 2009. Despite parts of 2008 being as stressful and difficult as 2007, for the most part it was a better year. My attitude was part of the stress; I did not attempt to look beyond the roadblocks that appeared in my path. Things happened during 2008 I could do nothing about and I did not take some of them very well.

I have come to realize that the only way to make 2009 better is to change my attitude and expect good things to happen. Tests and difficulties are a part of the transformation process and I must view them as such. Instead, I viewed some of those tests and difficulties as roadblocks intended to stop my progress.

I have noticed in the past few days, that the end of 2008 is much better then the end of 2007. At least, on a personal level, but I still have a long way to go. One thing I have been doing is making daily entries in my gratitude journal. I attempt to find at least ten things each day to be grateful for and list them in my gratitude journal. So far, I have found at least ten things to be thankful for each day.

No comments: