Sunday, December 07, 2008

A Cloudy Sunday in Las Vegas

Jamál (Beauty), 15 Qawl (Speech), 165 BE – Sunday, December 7, 2008 about 10:34 Pacific Time

It's Sunday, December 7, a cloudy day in Las Vegas. I look out my living room window and see a cloudy sky. I'm not going anywhere today because I've went out for the past two days. Friday, December 5, I spent most of the day riding the CAT bus from one end of town to the other to pick up food from one of the food banks.

Reviewing Friday, from today's perspective, I should have called Paratransit and taken my mother with me to the food bank. Instead, I took the little push cart and Mom's ID. I got food for both of us at the food bank I went to. However, in January I'm going to take Mom with me. She hasn't been out of the house for several day, not even to take trash out. Mom's always much happier and in a better mood when she gets out of the house.

I asked her a couple of days before if she wanted to go with me. I have to make the appointment for the Paratransit bus a couple of days in advance. Mom said she didn't want to go, so I left it at that. No more, I'll just make the appointment for the bus and remind her the day before to roll her hair. That way she gets out of the house for a little while and Mom always enjoys the ride.

I did learn something from Friday, so that's a step in the right direction. Every new lesson is a step in the process of transformation. Today Mom is doing what she likes to do best, which is clean house. She enjoys doing dishes, laundry and stuff like that, so I let her do what she can.

No comments: