Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's a Dismal Day in Las Vegas

2 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Thursday, December 13, 2007 about 10:18 AM PST

It's a dismal day in Las Vegas. The clouds are hiding the sun again today. This is Thankful Thursday in my Yahoo journal writing group. Today's prompt is to find ten things I am thankful for and post it to the group. So what ten things am I thankful for today.

  1. Today I am thankful for the verse revealed by Baha'u'llah that says "be thankful in adversity and generous in prosperity".
  2. Today I am thankful for the clouds that cover the sun and the blue sky because the make me appreciate the sunshine when it is visible again.
  3. Today I am thankful for the white cranberry peach juice we have in the refrigerator.
  4. Today I am thankful for the leftover coffee in the refrigerator, which I warm over in the microwave.
  5. Today I am thankful for the copy of Prayers of Ecstasy lying by my computer. This little white book contains prayers and meditations revealed by Baha'u'llah or written by 'Abdu'l-Baha.
  6. Today I am thankful for blogger automatically saving the entries to this blog as I compose them.
  7. Today I am thankful for the story about the carrots, eggs and coffee bean, which someone read at the Feast of Masa'il. This is about tests and difficulties; it tells how different items react to the same stress of boiling water. The coffee bean rather than letting the stress change it changes its environment.
  8. Today I am thankful for tears. Often we think that we shouldn't cry about something, but tears are cleansing. Once in a while, a good cry is good for both your eyes and your soul.
  9. Today I am thankful for joy. The joy that comes with reading the verses revealed by Baha'u'llah.
  10. Today I am thankful for autumn and winter. The chill of these two seasons makes the heat of spring and summer something to look forward to.

No comments: