Monday, December 31, 2007

December 31, 2007

1 Sharaf 164 B.E. - Monday, December 31, 2007 about 12:48 PM PST

December 31 is when my Grandmother finished her New Year's house cleaning. Grandma was an interesting person, if she couldn't sleep she would get up in the middle of the night and clean house. Just before the beginning of a New Year she would do a mini house cleaning to get the house ready for the coming year.

On New Year's Day Grandma would make the beds and do dishes, but nothing else. All her laundry was finished on December 31, but on New Year's day she wouldn't do laundry. I don't care how many cloths we got dirty on New Year's Day she wouldn't do laundry until January 2.

On January 1 she fixed a big lunch with blackeyed peas, potatoes and gravy, creamed corn and some kind of pie. She did dishes on January 1 because that was part of cooking, but she didn't do much else. January 1 was devoted to visiting with family who came over on that day. Grandma enjoyed having family over on New Years Day.

Tomorrow I'm going to fix blackeyed peas and creamed corn, but I don't know what else. I have a chocolate bunt cake in the cupboard for desert so maybe I'll get ice cream to go with it when we go out. I have to pick Mom's meds up at 2:00 PM today. The pharmacy will be closed tomorrow so we have to get them today. While I'm out I'll get a filter for the central air unit, pigs feet and perhaps some ice cream.

No comments: