Sunday, December 09, 2007

December Feast

17 Qawl 164 B.E. - Sunday, December 9, 2007 about 2:27 PM PST

There are two Feast in December, on the evening of Tuesday, December 11, is the Feast of Masa'il and at 7:30 PM on Sunday, December 30, is the Feast of Sharaf. I'm looking for ward to both of these Feast. I like attending Feast, but I'm not sure which portion is my favorite; sometimes the spiritual portion, sometimes the business portion, and sometimes the social portion.

The Feast of Masa'il on the 11th is at the Baha'i Center. I'm looking forward to both the Feast and the drive to the Center. The drive is especially beautiful this time of year because of all the houses that are decorated for Christmas. When I go to the Center I usually take Oakey and most of that street is residential. During the Christmas season the houses are decorated with all sorts of colored lights. Some of the yards have different Christmas theme light art in them.

I think I like looking at all the decorated yards because it brings back memories of my childhood. My grandfather used to take us driving through Blackwell around Christmas time to see all the yard and house decorations. The Christmas light art has become much or sophisticated since Grandpa Newland took us around Blackwell, but seeing the decorated yards brings back pleasant memories of my childhood. I'm going to enjoy driving to Feast on Tuesday.

No comments: