Sunday, December 16, 2007

Short Days and Long Nights

5 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Sunday, December 16 about 4:39 PM PST

These short days and long nights are beginning to get to me. I used to get up at 4:00 AM when the alarm went off. Now I just lay in bed listening to the sounds the house makes early in the morning and watching for sunrise.

This morning I got up at 7:00 AM, but in the morning I have to be someplace between 8:00 and 8:30 AM so I'll have to get up earlier. There was a time when I liked fall and winter better the spring and summer, but not any more. I enjoy the warm weather more then the cold weather. I think winter is a time for children, they don't seem to notice the cold as much. Perhaps it's just that they have more stuff to do outside and don't get as cold.

I still enjoy the snow, but now I like being inside and watching it snow outside. As a child I enjoyed playing in the snow. I like making snow angels and snow people. Now I just enjoy watching kids make them. All though I think if I got the chance I'd attempt a snow angel again.

No comments: