Monday, December 17, 2007

Born in the Month of Questions

6 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Monday, December 17, 2007 about 12:55 PM PST

My birthday is on December 24 and, according to my mother, I was born just before midnight. This means that my birthday falls after sunset on the twenty-fourth, which makes it the fourteenth of Masa'il instead of the thirteenth. I'll have to look at my birth certificate to see the precise time, but I don't think that knowing exactly when I was born is all that important.

I was born in Blackwell, Oklahoma, on a Christmas Eve night and my mother spent Christmas in the hospital. I was my mother's Christmas present. Growing up my mother tried to do something special with me so that my birthday could be special. We celebrated Christmas at the time and having a Christmas Eve birthday wasn't a lot of fun.

All right, I do have issues about Christmas or perhaps I should say Christmas Eve because of my birthday. Christmas itself was interesting and sometimes fun. I remember trying to stay awake on Christmas Eve night to see Santa Claus. I remember leaving Christmas cookies and milk beside the tree for Santa Claus. I never did stay awake long enough to see either Santa or the Santa gifts found under the tree the next morning, but trying to stay awake was fun.

So getting back to my birthday on 14 Masa'il, I'm not sure what I'm going to do this year. I'd like to go out for prime rib, but that may be out of the question. I don't like to drive in Las Vegas on Christmas Eve because of the last minute Christmas shoppers. I also don't like to go to the mall on that day, all though I haven't been to a restaurant on Christmas Eve. I might like going to a restaurant on my birthday.

I've made several birthday wish lists. This year all I'm hoping for is some birthday cards. I haven't received any yet, but my birthday is still several days away. I don't know why I want someone to send me a birthday card this year, but I do. I'll put my wish list in the next post.

No comments: