Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Driving to The Feast of Masa'il

1 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Wednesday, December 12, 2007 about 1:24 PM PST

I went to the Feast of Masa'il last night at the Baha'i Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Feast of Masa'il (Questions) started at 7:00 PM. Since I assisted in hosting the Feast my Mom and I arrived at about 6:00 PM. I drove west on Charleston almost all the way, but not all the way to Rainbow. I turned on south on Decatur and then west on Oakey.

The reason for that was the Christmas yard art that homeowners display along parts of Oakey. This time of year the yards and houses in residential neighborhoods are beautiful. Some of the houses have different colored lights around the windows and along the edges of their roofs. However, it's the decorations in the yards that are the most beautiful. There are light statues of reindeer, there are manger scenes and the trees are covered with lights.

That's the reason I took the route I did to the Baha'i Center. The decorations in the yards usually go up after Thanksgiving and taken down after December 25. I enjoy seeing the Christmas decorations in the yards. It brings back memories of my childhood and my grandparents. I usually write a poem every year about the Christmas yard decorations. I'm not sure what type of poem I'll write this year, but I think I'll write one about the yard art in my own neighborhood. There are two beautifully decorated yards close to me. Just down the street is one. I'm looking to writing about it this year.

No comments: