Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Morning Shopping

Jalal (Glory), 13 ‘Izzat (Might), 171 BE - Saturday, September 20, 2014 about 12:50 pm Pacific Daylight Time

I went shopping this morning. I stopped at two stores and then came back home. I went to Walgreen's because I had a $25.00 gift card I earned from doing surveys. When I requested the gift card I knew what I was going to purchase and knew that the package would cost between $19.00 and $22.00.

The item I purchased, Walgreen's disposable protective underwear, cost $21.99. This meant that I could purchase one more small item, so I bought the Nice 8" Coffee Filters for $1.69. This brought my total up to $25.60, but since I had $3.00 cash in my purse it did not matter.

My next stop was Smith's Food and Drug Store for coffee, bread, and peanut butter.  I also bought Hostess Twenkies©, a couple of packages of turkey franks, honey barbecue sauce, and some horseradish mustard. These were the only things I purchased at Smith's, but since I had enough on the debit card I use to purchase food I did not worry about the price. However, before I go to the store again next Friday or Saturday I will have to check the balance on that card.

I think I like going to the store on Saturday morning rather then on Friday because there are fewer people shopping. The only thing I have to contend with in the stores on Saturday are the employees restocking the shelves. I don't mind dealing with shelves being restocked because the employees are nice and helpful. At least at the Smith's and Walgreen's I go to.

No comments: