Sunday, September 14, 2014

Supplication Sunday: Word is a Prayer

Jamal (Beauty), 7 ‘Izzat (Migh), 171 BE - Sunday, September 14, 2014 about 1:15 pm Pacific Daylight Time

Work is a prayer
performed in the attitude
of joy, praise, and gratitude.

Dear Lord,

Please help me to perform my daily chores with an attitude of prayer, thanks giving, and praise.

Please help me worship you as I perform my daily labors with joy.

So Be It

A poem is a prayer
inscribed in stanza and line
by the poet's soul.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for this beautiful late summer day. I look out  my window and see the sun reflecting off the apartment building across the street. I watch the palm fronds and smile because they look as if they are hands raised in prayer and thanksgiving.

Thank you for the blessing of hearing a rooster crow every morning at first light. He intones his gratitude for another day of joy and happiness. I am grateful for the beauty of this Sunday and for the sunshine that enlightens my life everyday of the year.

Thank you for another day of life. Thank you for another chance to worship you through my daily labors. Thank you for all that you have given me. Thank you for the chance to proclaim my gratitude through all eternity.

So Be It

No comments: