Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Midweek Reflections: Autumn in Las Vegas

Idal (Justice), 17 ‘Izzat (Might), 171 BE - Wednesday, September 24, 2014 about 9:35 am Pacific Daylight Time

It is autumn in Las Vegas and everywhere else in the Northern Hemisphere. This meas double digit temperatures instead of triple digit (I hope). I checked the seven day weather forecast on one of the local television stations to see what I could expect for the rest of September. It indicated temperatures in the high 90s for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. For the rest of September the temperatures we can expect temperatures in the mid 80s.

Low temperatures means I do not have to have the cool air on as much. I can go out in the afternoon without wondering how warm I will be without air conditioning in my car. The auto air conditioner does not work properly and it is too expensive to fix so I have deal with roasting temperatures if I drive on summer afternoons.

I do not know what winter will be like this year. I hope it is mild without too many cold or freezing nights. I do not worry about the temperature unless it gets down to 32 degrees, which is rare here in Las Vegas. At least it used to be rare, but how it is during global warming is anybody's guess.

No comments: