Friday, September 05, 2014

Friday Afternoon Thoughts

Istiqlal (Independence), 17 Asma (Names), 171 BE - Friday, September 5, 2014 about 7:07 pm Pacific Time

I received a new pair of athletic through the mail this morning. After I found a pair of clean sock, I put them on. The shoes are comfortable and my feet feel good for once. In fact, my feet feel so good that I am considering writing a sonnet to my new shoes.

In my new running shoe I walk on air

That is a good start, but I think I will have to do a little rewriting because that line does not have the rhythm of a Shakespearean Sonnet, which I have to write by Sunday, September 7. I had planned to use another subject, but that is not working out. Maybe I am trying too hard. When I get off life I will say some extra prayers for the issues I am having with this sonnet. I always have problems settling a a theme when I write challenge poem.

I put on a new pair of running shoes

That sounds better and the rhythm flows smoother then the first line. I think I will keep that line and work on the sonnet from there. The rhyme scheme of this sonnet is a. b. a. b... c. d. c. d... e. f. e. f... g. g. All I have to do is write 14 lines, which will be easy once I come up with the theme. After I finish the sonnet then I have to write a sestina and a double (mirror) acrostic. I am having trouble because I cannot come up with a subject that strikes my interest. However, I should have that problem solved tonight or tomorrow.

No comments: