Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thankful Thursday: September Gratitude

Istijlal (Majesty), 4 ‘Izzat (Might), 171 BE - Thursday, September 11, 2014 about 6:16 am Pacific Daylight Time

This morning I am thankful...

01.  ...for the loud and unidentified noise that woke my out of a sound sleep at 2:30 am because I was able to get my medication taken before my cellphone alarm went off at 4:00 am. I still do not know what made the noise, but it sounded like some sort. It did not sound like a car alarm and it sounded as if it came from inside my apartment.

02. ...that I received two containers of milk when I picked up my senior food allotment yesterday. I have Ovaltine© on the shelf above the sink so I can cup of chocolate milk when I fix my breakfast.

03. ...for the rooster that crows every morning at first light. The sound of a rooster is pleasant and reminds me of my childhood in Blackwell, Oklahoma.

04. ...that the cars going the wrong way on Sunrise Avenue have not hit anyone. Sunrise is a one way street, but for some reason many of the people who drive on it think is a two way street.

05. ...for the prayers and scriptures revealed by Baha'u'llah because they inspire me to write poetry.

06. ...that I received a can of sliced peaches in my senior food allotment yesterday because I can have peaches on my cereal this morning.

07. ...for the sparrows singing in the pine trees across the street. Their voices reverberate through the neighborhood every morning around dawn.

08. ...that no one gets hit when cars speed down Sunrise Avenue at 30 or 35 miles per hour. The speed limit on this residential street is 25 miles per hour.

09. ...for the cooler weather we have experienced in Las Vegas over the last few days. I enjoy the feeling of the cool mornings on my bare arms.

10. ...that most of the neighbors walk their dogs on leashes when they walk them through the neighborhood.

No comments: