Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thankful Thursday: Today, Thursday September 18, I am Thankful for

Istijlal (Majesty), 11 ‘Izzat (Might), 171 BE - Thursday, September 18, 2014 about 4:43 pm Pacific Daylight Time

Today I am thankful...

01. ...for the scent of vinegar which reminds me of my Grandmother. When Grandma cooked beans she would put a tablespoon of white vinegar in the beans because it made them "less gasses" (this was Grandma Mary's term).

02. ...for the scent of pine needles because it reminds me of the fresh clean pine scented cleaner Grandma Mary always used to mop her floors.

03. ...for the sound of the ice cream truck because it reminds me of my childhood in Blackwell, Oklahoma.

04. ...for the scent of cinnamon because it reminds me of the way Grandma Mary made milk toast. She always put cinnamon on the milk toast before serving it to us for breakfast.

05< ...for the scent of orange peel because it reminds me of fresh squeezed orange juice.

06. ...for the sound of a rooster crowing because it reminds me of the chickens that my grandparents kept so that we could have fresh eggs for breakfast every morning.

07. ...for the scent of mothballs because it reminds me of autumn and Mama unpacking our winter clothes and sweaters.

08. ...the scent of roses because it reminds me of my Mother's favorite flower. Mama loved red roses.

09. ...the scent of pencil erasers because it reminds me of going to grade school in Blackwell, Oklahoma.

10. ...the scent of cut grass because it reminds me of Grandpa Frank mowing the lawn with a push lawnmower.

No comments: