Friday, September 12, 2014

Foodie Friday: Grocery Shopping

Istiqlal (Independence), 5 ‘Izzat (Might), 171 BE - Friday, September 12, 2014 about 2:52 pm Pacific Daylight Time

I went to the grocery store this morning because I needed coffee and peanut butter. I ran out of peanut butter on Saturday, September 6, but decided not to go to the store until I ran out of coffee or it was Friday. I ran out of coffee yesterday so I went grocery shopping today.

A trip to the grocery store sound boring; however, rather then being boring it is an adventure. It is an adventure because Smith's Food & Drug store (my favorite supermarket) is in the process of changing the arrangement and location of the products on the shelf. This means I have to look for the items I want instead of going to the aisle where the used to be located. Some people find this upsetting, but I enjoy the hunt.

As I wrote, I went in for coffee and peanut butter. I also purchased three cans of soup, some turkey sausage, eggs, hot sauce, three 12-packs of ginger ale, and some yogurt. I intended to purchase only one 12-pack of ginger ale, but the store had three for a specific amount of money. Three 12-packs of soda sounds like a lot for one person, but in my case it is wonderful.

When I picked up my senior commodities on Wednesday, September 10, I received more apple juice. I am tired of drinking apple juice without it being mixed with something else. Apple juice is not my favorite fruit juice, so I can just drink so much of it before I have to switch to something else. If I mix the juice with ginger ale it changes the taste of the apple juice enough to give me a different drink. I will drink more apple juice this way.

No comments: