Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Feast of Speech

Jalál (Glory), 1 Qawl (Speech), 170 BE - Saturday, November 23, 2013 about 11:00 AM Pacific Standard Time

I attended the Feast of Qawl (Speech) at the Baha'i Center last night. At the Feast, I could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit and Baha'u'llah. It is such a calming feeling and this morning I still have that tranquil feeling even this late in the day.

This morning, I pick up some fruit, vegetables, bread, cookies, and a pumpkin pie from one of the food pantries. I had not planned to go this morning because of the rain, but after a couple of cups of warmed over coffee I changed my mind. On the morning after attending a nineteen-day feast, I usually end up changing my plans about something or other. I am glad I went to pick up the free food because one of the items I received was a watermelon, which I think I will cut later today after it has sit in the refrigerator for a while.

on the Feast of Speech
the raindrops whisper to earth
about God's Glory

No comments: