Saturday, November 02, 2013

The thrid time in as Many Weeks

Jalál (Glory), 18 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 170 BE - Saturday, November 2, 2013 about 4:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I just finished manually reboot my cable modem. This is the third time in three weeks that I have had to perform this action. I have had the modem for over a year and this is the first time I have to reboot it so many time in a four week period.

I left my computer on when I went to the couch to get my cell phone. While I was away from the computer I ate something and then called my brother. I was away from the computer for about an hour and the modem somehow lost its connection to the Internet. In order to get the connection back, I had to manually reboot the modem. It is not a difficult process it is just a bit irritating to have to do it so often.

From now on, if I think I am going to be away for more then thirty minutes, I will just turn the computer off and turn it back on when I am ready to work again. Normally, I only turn it off when I leave it to look at television, go to bed, leave the house, or do house work. If the modem keeps acting this way, I will have to call my cable provider and ask about the problem.

No comments: