Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Day Thankful Thursday Gratitude List

Istijlál (Majesty), 6 Qawl (Speech), 170 BE - Thursday, November 28, 2013 about 10:44 AM Pacific Standard Time

On this cloudy and chilly Thanksgiving Day I am grateful...

1.  ...for Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen's Health Advice column, which appears in Thursday's Review-Journal, because today the main topic was Pain relief not limited to medication. Drs. Oz and Roizen give five self-care techniques to reduce the discomfort of chronic pain. I already practice one of the techniques on a daily basis, but today I will begin practicing more of them.

2. ...that I chose to spend this Thanksgiving by myself because now I can focus on prayer and meditation without interrupting anyone else's Thanksgiving Day. This gives me a chance to look at the changes of the past year and determine what I want to do for the next twelve months to make my life more productive.

3. ...for the turkey burgers I received when I went to one of the food pantries last week. For lunch I had two turkey and cranberry sandwiches. This is the first time I have ate a turkeys sandwich with cranberry sauce and they are delicious.

4. ...that I have a free senior cellphone with 250 free minutes each month.

5. ...for the beauty of a cloudy Thanksgiving morning with yellow and orange oak leaves falling to the ground.

6. ...that eggnog was in the grocery store when I went shopping yesterday. I had a cup of eggnog for breakfast for the first time in several years.

7. ...for the pumpkin pie I received when I went to one of the food pantries last Saturday.

8. ...that I have dentures so that I can enjoy a turkey and cranberry sandwich.

9. ...for being able to afford a cable modem so t hat I can stay connected with my family on Thanksgiving and every day of the year.

10. ...that I was able to enjoy a piece of pumpkin pie while watching the news this morning. This is a tradition that Mom and I started several years ago and I thought I might cry this morning but I did not. Instead, I remember how much Mom liked pumpkin pie.

No comments: