Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the United States of America

‘Idál (Justice), 5 Qawl (Speech), 170 BE - Wednesday, November 27, 2013 about 8:46 AM Pacific Standard Time

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was 'Thank you', that would suffice."
Meister Eckhart

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day in the United States of America. Today the writing.com newsletter were published and arrived in my e-mail box and the above quote by Meister Echart, is in the spiritual newsletter. A Season of Thanksgiving is the title of this week's edition and it got me to thinking about Thanksgiving and gratitude.

This year, I am planning a traditional-nontraditional Thanksgiving dinner. I am having turkey, but instead of a whole turkey or a turkey breast I am fixing ground turkey. I have some potatoes, so I will fix those with the turkey. I have pumpkin pie, I have some vegetables that I can fix as a salad, and I have a couple of melons.

I will purchase a couple of cans of whipped cream (I cannot remember what it is called) this afternoon when I go to the store to pick up a prescription and a couple of other items. I have some chicken bullion to make grave with, but I do not think I have any flour. I may purchase a small bag of flour this afternoon or I may just get some sour cream and margarine for baked potatoes. Since I do not have much money on me or in my bank account this late in the month, I have to be careful and purchase only what I need.

Despite the fact that I am not planning a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, I am grateful for what I have. I am also grateful to those who gave me these items because without the generosity of strangers and food pantries, I would not have much of a Thanksgiving. Tomorrow, I will make a Thankful Thursday Thanksgiving entry after meditating on the ten things I am thankful to have or to have experienced this year.


No comments: