Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Moving is a Traumatic Experience

Fiḍál (Grace), 9 Qudrat (Power), 170 BE - Tuesday, November 12, 2013 about 8:24 AM Pacific Standard Time

Moving is a traumatic experience, especially when moving from a three-bedroom house to a one-bedroom or studio apartment. I don't remember the last move being as traumatic as this one, but that was because we (Mom and I)  were moving from a three-bedroom apartment to a three-bedroom house. I also wasn't doing most of the packing myself nor were we downsizing..

I decided this morning that "I do not want to move!" The reason is that I have to downsize and make the decision on what I have to give away, store, or throwaway by myself. Other people can help me pack, but I'm the one who has to decide what to do with the items that I don't want to keep. I can't consult with anyone about those items, someone else can suggest where to take them, but I'm the one who has to decide and that is difficulty.

I'll do what I have to do. I'll give away what I have to give away. I'll throwaway what I have to throwaway. I'll store what I have to store. I'll do all those things and all the while the thought in the back of my mind is that I'm probably going to regret throwing away or giving away something that I might need later.

No comments: