Saturday, November 09, 2013

Saturday Morning and the Blue Screen of Death

Jalál {Glory), 6 Qudrat (Power), 170 BE - Saturday, November 9, 2013 about 8:24 AM Pacific Standard Time

The other computer, the one I use to download to and upload from, blue screened this morning while I was attempting to make my weekly scanner upload to a survey website. I upload this scanner every week without encountering the blue screen of death, therefore the problem did not have to do with the scanner or its software. I am not sure what caused the problem, but this is the second time this week I have encountered this issue.

The first time was a couple of days ago, when I turned on that computer and it did not come on in the normal manner. I do not know what caused the problem then either, but I suspect I have to schedule some maintenance in the coming week. Of course, this would be the week when the computer wanted maintenance because this is the week I have to find some place to move and move.

This is the middle of November and I have just finished paying some bills with more bills to pay, if I can raise the money to pay them. I do not have enough money in my account to pay rent, a move in fee, or anything else that I need to pay to move into a new place. In addition, I have two prescriptions to turn in today and I need gas in the car.

This afternoon, I have to go look at a place which I probably cannot afford; however, I am going to look at it anyway. There is no use rejecting the place until I see it and figure out if I can afford it and then figure out where I will get the money to move in. Yes, I am attempting to be positive about this even though the computer blue screened, which is not a good sign, but at least it blue screened on Saturday, the end of the week, instead of on Sunday, the start of a new week.

No comments: