Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday Thoughts: People ringing my door bell in Las Vegas

Fidal (Grace), 11 'Izzat (Might), 169 B.E. - Tuesday, September 18, 2012 about 11:48 AM Pacific Time


I am 65 years old and sometimes it is difficult to get around quickly. It takes me more then three seconds to get to the front door. If someone rings the bell that person needs to wait at least five minutes for me to answer. A man just ring my doorbell and did not wait even five minutes for me to answer. This is the second time this month this person had did. I know it is the same person because I am sitting at my computer, which is situated so that I can look out the living room window.

This is a man somewhere between thirty-five and fifty. He always wears the same dirty clothes; therefore, I suspect he is homeless. I also suspect he is looking for either a handout or yard work. Apparently, he does not want either of those very much because he never waits more then three or four seconds after ringing the doorbell. There is no question that I am home because the car is parked in the garage and the garage door is open.

Most people who ring my doorbell wait at least five minutes before leaving. If the they see the car is in the garage or sitting in the driveway then they wait a bit longer. It is nice when they wait for me to answer the door because I like talking to people and I do not get out very much. The only people I get to talk to are those who come to the door or call me on the phone.  I suppose if someone does not  want to wait for me to answer the door then I am not missing an interesting conversation.


No comments: