Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Midweek Reflections: My Routine disrupted

'Idal (Justice), 12 'Izzat (Might) 169 BE - Wednesday, September 19, 2012 about 8:22 AM Pacific Time

Precisely one week ago my new computer someone delivered my new computer. Precisely one week ago my writing routine was disrupted. This had a domino affect and caused the disruption of my prayer, meditation, and housekeeping routines. This morning I am feeling effects of that disruption. This morning I feel as if I am standing in a crater after a meteor has struck the Earth.

 This morning, after oversleeping or ignoring the alarm, I went to get Mom up and found the hospital bed raised completely. When I attempted to lower it, I discovered the bed was not getting any electricity. I unplugged it from the extension cord and tried another outlet, but it still did not move. After panicking and calling the Hospice, who called the company that takes care of the equipment, I decided to plug the bed into another outlet. This time the bed worked and I was able to lower it so that I could get Mom out of bed.

I finally pushed Mom and her wheelchair into the living room about 6:00 AM. By the time I gave her all her meds and something to eat it was close to 7:00 AM. I made my coffee and then went outside to pick up the morning newspaper. When I got outside and saw the neighbors' trashcans sitting at the curb, I realized it was Wednesday and trash collection day. I rolled my trashcan to the curb and then picked up my paper. I have to get back into my routine so that I am not so stressed and hurried.


No comments: