Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday afternoon in Las Vegas

It's Friday, September 14, about 4:56 PM Pacific Time. I've spent the last two days getting my new computer set up and accessing the Internet. This entire situation is my fault. I wasn't prepared for the new computer. I knew last Wednesday I was getting a new computer. I knew last Wednesday I would need a new surge protector; so why didn't I get the surge protector last week.

Last Wednesday, after turning my other computer off for the third time; I called MyGait to inquire about their senior computers. After talking to the customer service rep and finding out the computer was affordable, I ordered one. The computer was delivered this Wednesday and that night I moved Mom's old computer off her desk and moved the desk closer to my cable modem. On Thursday, I bought the surge protector and today I got the systems going properly, after I figured out which one of my cable connections was an Ethernet connection.

I haven't gotten my journal or anything else transferred from my old computer to the website I now use to compose my documents. I'll discuss this in another post because right now I'm composing this directly into my blog.

No comments: