Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Midweek Reflections: Mom at night


‘Idál (Justice), 5 ‘Izzat (Might), 169 BE – Wednesday, September 12, 2012 about 4:09 PM Pacific Time

Mom called me about 11:30 PM last night. She had tried to get up and ended up on the floor. I don’t think she fell on the floor, I slid down to the floor when she attempted to get up. When I went into her bedroom, I found her legs under her, as if she had knelt down and couldn’t get up.

Mom weighs about 145 lbs. She is too heavy for me to lift, so I called 311 (the non-emergency number) and requested some firefighters to lift her back into bed. They came and put Mom back in bed. Mom remained in bed the rest of the night.

Mom wakes up in the middle of the night and decides she has to get up to do something. She will put her legs over the side of the bed and then go back to sleep. Sometimes she does this only once a night and sometimes several times a night. I think that’s what happened last night.

I think she put her legs over the side of the bed and then went back to sleep. After that, she woke up again and ended up on the floor. I just have to get up every hour or so during the night and check on her. That’s all right because five or six days a week I wake up every hour or so anyway. I’ll just have to get up and check on her when I wake up.

1 comment:

The Writers Blog -- Joanne Nakaya said...

Neva ... e-mail me ... joanne ... kumanakaya@yahoo.com