Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Time to close the books on October

Fidál (Grace), 17 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 167 BE – Tuesday, November 1, 2011 about 3:23 PM Pacific Time

I like to stay home on the first day of the month. This is when I close the books. This morning I couldn’t stay home, so it’s afternoon and I don’t have October’s books closed or November’s books open and this mean a late night bringing everything into balance. Oh well, it is my own fault.

The only financial work I accomplished today was setting up the house payment to come out of the checking account on the seventh. Usually, I close the proceeding month’s books before going to the mortgage website to make the house payment. That way I can put the payment amount in the budget spreadsheet with the confirmation number. I wrote down the confirmation number, so I have it when I set up November’s spreadsheet.

I will close October’s books after Mom goes to bed. I don’t like doing this because I prefer to close the books when I am by myself and don’t have to listen for Mom. Sometimes Mom gets out of bed and walks down the hall. The problem is that she doesn’t always remember to use her walker. It’s difficult to close books when I have to listen for footsteps in the hall.

No comments: