Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hanging Laundry outside in Autumn

Jamál (Beauty), 5 Qawl (Speech), 168 BE – Sunday, November 27, 2011 about 2:05 PM Pacific Time

It’s autumn and I have to hang wet laundry outside. I remember my grandmother hanging cloths outside, I always wondered why she got started doing laundry so early in fall and winter now I know. The days are so short that one is lucky to if the cloths dry.

Saturday and Sunday, I washed bed sheets and hung them out. On Saturday, I hung four sheets out (I am only washing small loads) and they were dry before noon. So today, I hung out eight sheets, which dried before noon. I figure I can wash three or four small loads and they will dry (depending on the cloths) before sunset.

I can use my washing machine at home, so I am finally catching up on the laundry. If I washed larger loads, I could catch up faster if I washed larger loads, but I have to work with my physical condition and other work I have to complete. The three or four small loads allows me do the laundry without wearing myself out. It also allows me to time my work while I am online or writing because I have to stop and add the fabric softener to washing machine.

No comments: