Saturday, November 05, 2011

Rain in Las Vegas and the environmental unit

Jalál (Glory), 2 Qudrat (Power), 167 BE – Saturday, November 5, 2011 about 3:40 PM Pacific Time

It rained in Las Vegas last night. This morning, when I looked out my kitchen window the ground was wet. When I went out front to roll the trashcan to the curb there was a small puddle of water in my driveway.

Because it rained yesterday, it is chilly today. My central heat is not working properly because hen the auxiliary heat comes on the temperature in the house moves down and not up. The regular heat seems to work, but I don’t know how well it works. I called the company that does maintenance on our unit and they can’t send someone until Tuesday afternoon. So I guess we’re not the only household dealing with heating problems.

I’m going to a store tomorrow to buy a small heater for the bathroom. The bathroom needs to be warm for Mom to take a bath on Monday and Tuesday morning. I’m not crazy about having a space heater, but I have no choice Mom can’t take a bath unless the room is warm.

I’m tired of having problems with the environmental unit (central air or in our case heat pump). This year we’ve had more problems with that unit then in the past few years. I suspect we may need a new unit and I don’t want to think about that right now. Therefore, I will place this situation in God’s hands and get on with my life.

No comments: