Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Recipe in Progress – Microwave rice casserole

Jalál (Glory), 16 Qudrat (Power), 167 BE – Saturday, November 19, 2011 about 9:55 AM Pacific Time

At the beginning of the week, I fixed a package of rice in the slow cooker. I fixed the entire package because I wanted the rice to last all week. This time I did not add any bouillon cubes to the rice, but the next time I make it I think I will add some chicken or shrimp bouillon cubes.

On Thursday, I added a can of chicken and a can of green beans to the rice. Thinking about it now, I realize I had too much rice for one can of either item. However, since I did not use a measuring cup when I transferred the rice to the microwave casserole dish, I do not know how much rice I used. When I tasted the rice, I realized I needed more chicken and green beans.

Today, I added the rest of the rice to the casserole dish, but I did not add any other items. I wanted us to finish the casserole this weekend so that I can begin fresh on Monday and keep track of the amount of the ingredients. Right now, the ingredients are rice, chicken, and green beans. Next time I make this recipe I will add corn, peas, and perhaps carrots or switch to cans of mixed vegetables. I have not decided which just yet. I also have to buy some chicken bouillon cubes because I have only shrimp cubes in the refrigerator. Yes, I keep my bouillon cubes in the refrigerator.

No comments: