Sunday, October 30, 2011

A rough day in Las Vegas

Jamál (Beauty), 15 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 167 BE – Sunday, October 30, 2011 about 4:50 PM Pacific Time

I feel like I’ve been riding the rapids, going up and down, down and up all day. Mom woke up in a good mood; in fact, she got up by herself. She used her walker to move safely from her bedroom to the living room. She was a bit upset when she didn’t find me in the living room, but she calmed down as soon as she saw me.

The first pill she takes is a capsule, which means she cannot chew it, but has to swallow it. It was easy to convince her to take that pill. That was the last pill she took easily all day. The rest of the tablets she didn’t want to take, I finally got her to take the last tablet by hiding it in some ice cream. I’m going to have to start giving her the tablets in her food, the problem is the capsules; I don’t think I can hide them in her food because they are capsules.

I didn’t feel very well this morning myself. This afternoon I feel better, but I haven’t eaten very much today. I think I’ll fix me an egg or some other type of sandwich. I did eat some cut okra this afternoon, so perhaps I’ll eat some applesauce or some ice cream. Maybe fix a hot cup of tea and just relax this evening because I’m still a little tired.

No comments: