Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thankful Thanksgiving in Las Vegas

Istijlál (Majesty), 2 Qawl (Speech), 168 BE – Thursday, November 24, 2011 about 2:55 PM Pacific Time

It is a Happy and Thankful Thanksgiving in our house. Mom is home because the Adult Daycare center closed for Thanksgiving and Family day (Black Friday). Mom is in a good mood and singing Jingle Bells. We had a delicious Thanksgiving meal, which someone delivered to our home yesterday.

I warmed the turkey, dressing, potatoes, peas, corn, and gravy up in the microwave. In addition, we had dinner rolls, cranberry sauce (fixed with whole cranberries) and pumpkin pie. The Thanksgiving Feast contained enough food for breakfast and lunch, with enough potatoes and dressing left over for two meals tomorrow.

For breakfast on Friday, I will fix potato pancakes. For lunch tomorrow, I will make a green bean salad and warm up the dressing. I still have to fix dinner tonight, but I think it will be fruit or some type of sandwiches. Mom still has pills to take and she has to eat something with the meds. I am not hungry; however, Mom will want more to eat this afternoon.

I finished off the coffee a few minutes ago, so this afternoon I will pour Mom some orange juice or grape juice. Mom does not need any more coffee because I suspect it keeps her awake if she drinks it after 3:00 PM, Mom needs to drink more juice and water. I wish I could get her to drink more water. She wants to drink anything except water; I am going to have to figure out a way to get her to drink more water.

No comments: