Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday 2011

Istiqlál (Independence), 3 Qawl (Speech), 168 BE – Friday, November 25, 2011 about 1:50 PM Pacific Time

It is Black Friday and I am at home with my mother because the Adult Daycare Center closed for the holidays. The Daycare will reopen Monday, but in the mean time, I am at home with Mom who is crying. Mom misses her parents and wants to see them.

My grandparents, Mom’s mother and father, died years ago; Mom does not remember attending their funeral. She thinks they are still alive and living in Blackwell, Oklahoma. Mom is upset because she thinks she left them without saying good-bye. I do not know how to help her with this issue. I cannot tell her my grandparents are dead because that would make her cry more.

It is Black Friday 2011. My mother has Alzheimer’s disease and does not remember her parents are dead. Mom still has a Risperidone tablet to take, but I cannot give that to her until 3:00 PM. She takes one tablet three times a day.

It is Black Friday 2011 and my mother is home crying for her parents. No matter what I say, it does not comfort her. Mom wants to see her parents, but they are dead. I cannot tell her they are dead because she would not believe and it would make her even more upset. I am going to attempt to distract Mom with food sometimes that helps. There is one chocolate pudding left in the refrigerator that I can give her, I hope it helps. It might help for a little while.

No comments: