Friday, February 25, 2011

Winter Storm Warning, High Wind Warning, and Wind Advisory

Istiqlál (Independence), 19 Mulk (Dominion), 167 BE – Friday, February 25, 2011 about 4:51 PM Pacific Time

I am looking forward to spring. I am looking forward to warm weather. I am looking forward to a nice soft spring breeze. The latest Severe Weather Bulletin released by the Weather Service concerns a Winter Storm Warning, a High Wind Warning, and a Wind Advisory, which all include Clark County Nevada.

I am tired of winter. I am tired of high winds. I am tired of looking out my living room window every morning to see if the one stone pine tree remaining in my yard is still standing. I did have one tree removed this February. I will be paying that off for the next two or three months. I cannot afford to have the final tree removed for at least another six to twelve months.

The T.V. Weather person predicts rain for this weekend. Rain is good because it washes my car. Rain is good because in this part of Nevada we are experiencing a drought. The disadvantage to the rain is that I have to drive in it. I have to take a prescription to the pharmacy and I have to pick up a box of food I ordered in late January. I hope it waits until I get back home tomorrow before it starts raining, but just incase it rains tonight I am going to roll my car windows up.

No comments: