Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Midweek Reflections and plant removal in Las Vegas

‘Idál (Justice), 3 Mulk (Dominion), 167 BE – Wednesday, February 9, 2011 about 4:47 PM

It is Wednesday. It is hump day. The week is over the hill. On Tuesday, February 8, then Mom and I went to pick up some day old bread. I like getting this bread because it is free and this helps our food budget. Then on Tuesday afternoon, I had one of the trees removed from the front yard. I will be paying off the bill for the next couple of months, but the tree had to go. I am not down to two trees in the front yard.

I have a stone pine tree, which will also have to go, and an olive tree. I am not sure about the olive tree. It looks sick and it may have to go as well. The olive tree can wait because its roots does not cause issues with the cement in the drive way or the sewer pipes. Nor is the olive tree tall enough to take out power lines if the wind should blow it down.

I like most plants, as anyone who has read my blog knows I am not crazy about oleanders. Eventually the oleander in the yard must go, but getting rid of trees is much easier then getting rid of oleanders. Once you cut a tree down, you normally do not have to worry about its roots producing another tree. However, oleanders are different, if you do not remove all to the roots they grow back.

No comments: