Monday, February 07, 2011

Another Wind Advisory

Kamál (Perfection), 1 Mulk (Dominion), 167 BE – Monday, February 7, 2011 about 4:56 PM Pacific Time

About 3:18 PM today, the Weather Service issued another Wind Advisory for Mohave Count Arizona and Clark County Nevada. According to the Glossary definition I found on the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s National Weather Service site, a wind advisory refers to 25 to 39 mile per hour “sustained winds” or 57 mile per hour “wind gusts”.

Winds that fast make me nervous, especially since I have mature stone pine trees in my front yard. The trees do not look well and I am going to have to have them removed. A couple of years ago the wind took out the elm tree, which was much smaller then the pines. I am going to have to figure out how to get rid of the trees. They have to go before a big gust of wind takes one or both of them out.

I had planned to have the garage door fixed this month, but the trees have to come first. I will clean out my garage and drive the car in, I will not be about to close the door, but at least the car will be in the garage. Since the trees are leaning away from the garage, I doubt the wind will blow them down onto the garage.

No comments: