Sunday, February 06, 2011

Sunday Thoughts and Memories

Jamál (Beauty), 19 Sultán (Sovereignty), 167 BE – Sunday, February 6, 2011 about 3:11 PM Pacific Time

It is Sunday afternoon, February 6, 2011, tonight, at 7:00 PM, is the Feast of Mulk (Dominion). Mom and I are planning to attend, so I will probably begin getting ready about 5:00 or 5:30 PM. In the mean time, Mom is dozing on the love seat in the breakfast room. Since we will be out later then she is normally out, I am not going to let her sleep.

Today is also Super Bowl Sunday, not that I watch that game or any other football game. I would enjoy attending the game in person, but I do not normally enjoy watching sports on television. The only exception I make concerns the Summer and Winter Olympic games; those I will watch on television. I would also enjoy attending them in person.

Sunday always brings back fond memories. Grandma and Grandpa Newland always attended Sunday services at the First Southern Baptist Mission in Blackwell, Oklahoma. I enjoyed attending the Services with my Grandparents. I remember attending Sunday school and learning verses from the bible. I still remember the Lord’s Prayer and the Twenty-Third Psalms, which were two of the verses I memorized for Sunday school classes.

I miss my Grandparents, my mother’s parents. Mom misses them as well. She talks about them all the time and wonders where they are living. Mom has Alzheimer’s disease and she does not remember attending their funeral in Blackwell. I have told Mom that Grandma and Grandpa sold the house and move to a retirement village. She seemed satisfied with that explanation.

No comments: