Thursday, February 17, 2011

I am still hanging in there

Istijlál (Majesty), 11 Mulk (Dominion), 167 BE – Thursday, February 17, 2011 about 11:08 AM Pacific Time

As you can see, the cat is still hanging on to his limb. I am stilling hanging on myself. Yesterday evening the Weather Bureau announced a wind advisory for Clark County, since Las Vegas covers most of Clark County Nevada we had wind gust of 40 mph. and fortunately, the wind did not blow down the remaining stone pine in my front yard.

The tree still look as ill as ever, but at least it is still standing. I am not sure how long that will last, especially if we get any more high winds. I had the tree closest to the street and the power lines removed this month. I am going to be paying it off for the next several months, so
I cannot have the remaining tree removed this year.

Yesterday, when Mom and I returned I parked the car in the driveway. When the wind started blowing, I went out and moved the car closer to the house. I did not know if the tree would stand up to the wind and I did not want the car parked too close to it.

No comments: