Thursday, June 03, 2010

Getting my mother to eat

Istijlál (Majesty), 18 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 166 BE – Thursday, June 3, 2010 about 7:53 AM Pacific Time

Getting Mom to eat is becoming difficult, she eats a little bit at a time and then doesn't want to eat any more. The doctor gave her a medication that increases her appetite, which improves the situation a little. Mom eats better when we go to a restaurant then when we're at home. The only exception is fast food that I buy and bring home Mom eats that fairly well.

Mom's doctor wants here to gain weight, but she can't gain weight if she doesn't eat. The last time the doctor weighed her, the scale read 99 lbs. The doctor wants her weight to be about 115 or 120 lbs. I will be happy is she gets to 110 lbs.

I ask Mom what she wants to eat and she says, "I don't care. Whatever you fix is fine with me." The idea solution, is to take her to a restaurant for one or two meal a week. I know she would gain weight, but the problem with that is money. We just can't afford to go out to eat more then once or twice a month. The only thing I can do at this point is encourage her to eat and make sure she takes her medication.

No comments: