Friday, June 04, 2010

An odd phone call today

Istiqlál (Independence), 19 ‘Azamat (Grandeur), 167 BE – Friday, June 4, 2010 about 4:46 PM Pacific Time

I had an odd phone call today. It came to the house on the landline and not my cell phone. The call concerned lowering interest rates on credit cards. The recorded message said press 1 for more information. Therefore, I pressed 1 and was connected to a human being.

He gave the proper name for the credit card and informed me about the amount left. We took care of that issue last year. He said I was wrong, but that I could make payment arrangements by giving him a debit card number. I then ask what name was on the credit card and he kept insisting on a debit card number. He hung up the phone, when I insisted he tell me whose name was on the credit card.

Apparently, there is a scam going on concerning lowering insterest rates on credit card. Someone doesn't want to lower a person interest rate, they just want a debit card number to empty the checking account. So beware calls that want to lower your credit card interest rate.

No comments: