Sunday, January 10, 2010

Scheduling a virus check

Jamál (Beauty), 11 Sharaf (Honor), 166 BE – Sunday, January 10, 2010 about 9:25 AM Pacific Time

I scheduled my virus scan to run at 10:00 AM this morning. I figured to get at least two hours of work accomplished before the scan executed. This morning's interruptions prevented accomplishing two hours work. I'm lucky to get an hour of uninterrupted work any more, but there isn't anything I can do about the interruptions. The circumstances are such that they will continue and probably increase.

The virus scan takes about four hours to run. I figured on doing housework while the scan ran and then get back to working online. I will get some housework done, but it won't be uninterrupted and it won't be four hours of housework. I'll accomplish what I can today and tomorrow do some more.

Fortunately, I don't have any appointments this week. I have to pick up some prescriptions for my mother and me. I'll call those prescriptions in today and pick them up tomorrow afternoon. After that, I have to get the car smogged so I can get the tag when my check hits the bank on January 27. The tag is due on the 27th, I hate waiting that long to do it, but I'll be lucky to scrape the money together for a smog check. Life is becoming extremely interesting and I could use a vacation.

No comments: