Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another storm is headed for Las Vegas

Jamál (Beauty), 6 Sultán (Sovereignty), 166 BE – Sunday, January 24, 2010 about 4:19 PM Pacific Time

According to the weather report, which I receive in my e-mail box several times a day, another storm is headed toward Las Vegas. According to the e-mail, we can expect rain on Tuesday and Wednesday. The meteorologist says it won't be the same "intensity" as that we received last week. I hope not because I have business to transact on Wednesday and I don't relish driving in the rain. Unfortunately, I have no choice because I have to get the business accomplished on Wednesday.

I don't suppose that little poem we always said as children when we wanted to go out and play, but couldn't because it was raining too hard will help. I think the poem went something like this:
"Rain, rain go away
come again some other day
little [child puts first name here] wants to play."
That poem didn't help when I said it as a child because it didn't stop the rain anyway. I'm just going to have to deal with the rain on Wednesday. Before I leave my driveway, I'll say a prayer of protection. I'll also plan my route, if I work it right I may be able to get all my business done in one or two locations. I'll do only what is necessary on Wednesday and leave anything else until Thursday or Friday.

No comments: