Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lima Bean soup is on the menu today

Istijlál (Majesty), 3 Sultán (Sovereignty), 166 BE – Thursday, January 21, 2010 about 8:43 AM Pacific Time

It's rainy and cold. All right, probably not as cold as it feels to me, it's still soup weather. I'm making Lima bean soup so far the recipe is eight cups of water, 1 package frozen Lima beans, three cloves of garlic cut into small pieces and 1 small onion diced. After the Lima beans are done, I'm adding 2 cans of carrots, 1 can of dices tomatoes, and 1 can of sliced potatoes.

I'm doing a lot of cooking from scratch. I know that opening a can of veggies isn't the traditional definition of "scratch cooking", but it's cooking from scratch for me. I use what I have in the house, especially when it's raining because I don't like to drive in the rain like it is this morning.

No comments: