Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Midweek sunset in Las Vegas

‘Idál (Justice), 7 Sharaf (Honor), 166 BE – Wednesday, January 06, 2010 about Sunset Pacific Time

I am sitting at my computer looking out my living room window. The setting sun transformed the hazy clouds into pastel fire. The day is ending and the western sky is burning bright with the beauty of evening.

Sunset is a spiritual time of day because it is time to reflect on the days events. It is time to bring myself to account. It is time to answer the hard questions. It is time to take a deep breath and say thank you for getting safely through the day.

Evening's burning joy
remembering some one's smile
whispering thank you.

Today my mother and I picked up four bags of food, two bags for each of us. We brought them home and I helped unpack them. I took out the peanut butter and my mother smiled. Mom likes peanut butter sandwiches. I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

No comments: