Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I miss summer

‘Idál (Justice), 14 Sharaf (Honor), 166 BE – Wednesday, January 13, 2010 about 3:44 PM Pacific Time

I miss summertime
the long hot days pass slowly
into the short nights.

The morning was cloudy and this afternoon the clouds have returned. I'm chilly, I can't put on enough cloths to keep me warm. There is no snow in the Las Vegas valley, I don't know about Mount Charleston because I didn't look at the mountain when I rolled my trashcan to the curb this morning.

As I get older
winter temperatures become
colder chillier.

I remember winter in Oklahoma; it didn't seem as cold then. Of course, I was a child and children don't notice the cold as much. Perhaps it's because I'm older that winter temperatures seem colder. I don't think the temperatures here in Las Vegas are colder then they were in Oklahoma, we don't get as much snow in the winter, still I notice the temperature more.

No comments: