Monday, January 25, 2010

Fresh ground coffee in the morning

Kamál (Perfection), 7 Sultán (Sovereignty), 166 BE – Monday, January 25, 2010 about 2:45 PM Pacific Time

I ran out of coffee yesterday; therefore, I had to open the 12 oz. bag of Guatemala Mayan Lake Coffee beans this morning. I opened the bag and used my new coffee grinder to grind enough beans for two percolators of coffee. Mom and I drank I one 12-cup percolator of coffee, so I made another this afternoon. I still have two-thirds of the beans left in the bag and this will give me enough coffee for the next two or three days.

I did not notice that these were organically grown beans when I bought them. At the time I bought the coffee, the important information was the type of beans and that they were dark roast. My priorities concerning coffee beans have nothing to do with them being organically grown. I look at the name of the beans and the roast. When I buy coffee beans, I pick beans that appear exotic.

I prefer whole bean coffee; however, price usually dictates that I buy regular ground coffee. I buy the whole bean coffee as a backup for when I run out of coffee before a check arrives. This way I never run out of coffee.

No comments: