Saturday, January 16, 2010

At the end of the week in Las Vegas

Jalál (Glory), 17 Sharaf (Honor), 166 BE – Saturday, January 16, 2010 about 1:05 PM Pacific Time

It's the end of the week, there is a cloud cover and I have soup in the slow cooker. I've decided to have leftovers this weekend because I had two bowl in the refrigerator and two in the freezer. I used the leftovers in the fridge to make the soup today. Tomorrow I will use one of the bowls in the freezer for soup.

I'm tired of the clouds. I'm tired of winter. I'm tired of being cold. All right, it isn't as cold in Las Vegas as in some parts of the country, but I'm still cold. I get this feeling every year in mid January and when I feel this way the only thing that warms me up is soup. That's why I'm having soup this weekend.

The soup is good, but it still needs something. I think I'll go to the store this afternoon to buy bread and crackers. I think the crackers are what the soup needs; soup just isn't soup without crackers. This belief comes from my childhood, when my grandmother made soup, she served crackers with the soup.

No comments: