Monday, January 18, 2010

On Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

Kamál (Perfection), 19 Sharaf (Honor), 166 BE – Monday, January 18, 2010 about 7:14 AM Pacific Time

Today is the observance of the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. Today is a national holiday. On every national holiday the neighbor's on the corner across the street fly the American flag. Normally, I look out my living room window and see the flag waving in their yard. This morning, when I went out to get my newspaper, I saw them put the flag up.

It was an inspiring sight to see my neighbors put their flag up before the left for the day. All day the flag will be their, giving inspiration to anyone walking or driving by the house. All day the American flag will give inspiration to the neighbors, just as Martin Luther King, Jr. inspired a generation of Americans to work for equality.

No comments: