Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Happy Birthday Writing.com

17 Asma 164 B.E. - September 04, 2007 about 11:12 PM PDT

In September writing.com is celebrating its 7th birthday. This year I'm coming out of my cocoon and entering into the festivities. I wrote a poem The Best Gift and entered it into one of the birthday contest. I'm reviewing new writers on the site as part of the birthday celebration. I'm enjoying myself.

I like writing.com because it helped bring me out of my cocoon. The reviews I receive help me improve my writing. The reviews I give help me improve my writing, I know that sounds strange because reviews are supposed to help the person being reviewed. Reviews help improve my writing by showing me examples of both excellent and other types of writing. I, normally, review items rated 18+ or lower. However, sometimes I review the higher ratings, especially if a piece I've reviewed is the first in a group of short stories or poems.

My handle on writing.com is Prosperous Snow. My portfolio is located at http://Writing.Com/authors/nfdarbe and my blog Snow Melt (rated 18+) is http://Writing.Com/authors/nfdarbe/blog.

No comments: