Monday, September 17, 2007

'Izzat is half over

10 'Izzat 164 B.E. - Monday, September 17, 2007 about 7:23 AM PDT

'Izzat (Might) is half over, there are precisely nine days left until the next Feast and the next month. The next feast is Mashiyyat (Will). I'm slowly approaching the Feast that marks the anniversary of my declaration of faith in Baha'u'llah. I didn't declare my belief at the Feast of Qawl (Speech) on the evening of November 22, but that was the first Feast I attended after declaring some thirty years ago.

I began dating my journal with the Baha'i date some time after that, but I'm not quite sure when I begin dating the journals that way. I'll have to check my earlier journals to find out. Right now most of those journals are in my bedroom in a trunk. I think I'll start going through the old journals to see what I have that I can work into poems, essays or stories. There are, also, poems that need rewriting.

I'm not sure when I start keeping a journal on a regular basis. However, I don't think I started until after I became a Baha'i. In high school or junior high (middle school) I kept a diary, but that's not a journal. I don't know what happened to it; I don't think it got to Las Vegas, Nevada, from Blackwell, Oklahoma with me.

It's interesting the things we remember and the things we forget. I can remember my first Feast and when it was, but I can't remember precisely when I started a journal. I'm thinking it was after I became a Baha'i and the it had something to do with a class at CCSN (Community College of Southern Nevada) I took. I think the class had something to do with writing and the journal was part of the grade. I'll have to look for my old journals and see.

This year the Feast of Qawl occurs on the evening of Thursday, November 22, and Thanksgiving falls on that day as well. I'm supposed to go to my nieces for Thanksgiving Dinner that day and Feast occurs at 7:00 P.M. I'm not sure whether there is a conflict here or not, I won't know until I contact my niece and see what time she is planning on serving dinner. I there is a conflict then I'll go to my nieces, I've already accepted the invention and I think that it's God's will that Mom and I spend Thanksgiving with her and her family.

No comments: