Friday, September 21, 2007

Fall Approaches

14 'Izzat 164 B.E. - Friday, September 21, 2007 about 3:46 PM PDT

Fall approaches, the weather is getting cooler, the sky is covered with clouds and the wind is blower. I watch the wind moving the limbs of the stone pine trees in my front yard. I think of the upcoming events in my life. The next feast is on September 26, the Feast of Mashiyyat (Will). Then in October there is the Feast of 'Ilm (Knowledge) on October 16 and the Birth of the Bab (October 20). I celebrate joining writing.com on October 31.

November is NaNoWriMo and the idea is to write a 50,000 word novel between November 1 and November 30. Also in November are two Feast and three Holy Days. The Feast of Qudrat (Power) is on November 3 and the Feast of Qawl (Speech) on November 22, these feast are held in the evening because Baha'i follow a solar calendar and the day begins at sunset. The Holy Days are the Anniversary of the Birth of Baha'u'llah on November 12, the Day of the Covenant, November 26, and the Ascension of 'Abdul'l-Baha, November 28. At the Feast of Qawl I celebrate becoming a Baha'i.

No comments: